Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died of an accidental overdose

Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died of an accidentally overdose in a mixture of his painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone. According to an autopsy report released on Friday.

Skaggs, 27, was found dead in the Southlake, Texas, hotel room on July 1, hours before the game for the Angel and the Texas Rangers began. The Tarrant County Medical Office said Skaggs died of “mixed ethanol, fentanyl and oxygencodone intoxication with terminal aspiration of gastric contents,” meaning Skaggs was intoxicated and choked.

Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that can treat severe pain. Oxycodone is also used to treat the disease and can be fatal when combined with other substances or taken in high doses.

In a statement released in response to the autopsy report, the Skaggs family asserted that an Angels employee may have been involved in the circumstances that led to his death, which has not been explained.

This entry was posted in News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.